What is Zirconium?
Similar to porcelain, zirconium is very aesthetic and resistant. It is used as a foundation for ceramic dental fillings and enables working without a metal insert. With the help of zirconium crowns we achieve very aesthetic and persistent solutions, which can hardly be distinguished from natural teeth. Unlike fillings, which are composed of metal, zirconium crowns do not show purple-coloured stains. The ceramic foundation enables light to shine through, which results in a natural and aesthetic look.
Zirconium has biological and antiallergenic characteristics, therefore it can also be used for patients who are allergic to metal.
Advantages of Zirconia Crowns
- Superior aesthetic results compared to metal-based ceramic restorations.
- Indistinguishable from the natural tooth structure.
- No purplish discoloration seen in metal-based ceramic.
- More natural and esthetic appearance due to the ceramic allowing light to pass through.
- Safe for patients with metal allergies who cannot use metal-based crowns.
- Bio-compatible material providing safe and secure use for years.
Whom Can We Implant Our Zirconium Crowns in Istanbul?
- Suffer from extreme tooth loss.
- Want to get a dental bridge.
- Have problems with their front teeth.
- Are looking for the best possible aesthetic solution.
- Are allergic to metal.
Stages of the Treatment with Zirconium Crowns in Istanbul
- Scheduling: We examine the respective teeth and inform you about the necessary course of treatment.
- Preparation and CEREC-Treatment: We prepare your teeth for the CEREC-treatment in our dental clinic in Istanbul and take the necessary measurements. Our CEREC-operator plans the dental bridges and digitally develops the structuring of your teeth. We reshape the teeth and prepare them for the treatment with zirconium. The customized dental crowns are stored for hardening in a special oven for 9 hours.
- Fitting: We check, if the hardened foundation fits into your mouth.
- Treatment: We use the foundation in order to insert the dental crown and thus complete the treatment. After 6 days at the maximum your teeth look natural and aesthetical.
After a maximum six days for the zirconium porcelain restoration, your teeth will have a natural and beautiful appearance.
After the Treatment in Istanbul
We recommend a daily mouth care, using a toothbrush and dental floss. You can avoid potential difficulties by visiting your dentist on a regular basis.
For further information on dental crowns feel free to contact our team in Istanbul!